Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I have ADD

Howdy (No, I'm not from Texas. Just trying on the 10 gallon hat slang for size)

I have a confession to make. I am an ADD knitter. What makes you think you have a sudden onset of Attention Deficit Disorder when you pick up your knitting needles? you ask. (I know you thought that, don't deny it.) I'll list the reasons. Apparently, I'm a list person.

#1: I lose interest in large projects. Quickly.
#2: I'm all about immediate knitting gratification. (As evidenced by the shocking number of hats I crank out. You should see how many hand knit hats are floating around this place!)
#3: If you check out my knitting library (yes, I have two shelves dedicated to knitting books. It's a bit embarrassing.) You'll notice a definite, one skein/ quick knits/ sock knitting / hat knitting type theme.
#4: The call of bulky yarn (read, quick knit yarns) is one I have a hard time resisting. Even though I look better dressed in thin, light weight, body skimming sweaters.

I'm ok with this little knitterly quirk of mine. Although sweaters are something akin to the knitting holy grail, I've learned to embrace hats, longies for Kylan and the occasional gloves,mitts or socks.

I do succumb to the call of the sweater at times, though. Right now, I have a sweater for Hannah on the needles and I've a sweater for Scott waiting a zipper, but I know my comfort zone. Sweaters just ain't it.

Ciao for now. (Ugh. Definitely not me.)

No comments: